The Fleck 5800-SXT represents a great step forward in the world of water softening and conditioning equipment. Fleck has always made reliable workhorse water softeners, and filters, and while these tried and true machines are still in service today they were lacking some modern sophistication and conveniences. The 5800SXT has brought them into the modern era, customizable, efficient, multitasking machines that meet today's demands.
The Fleck 5800-SXT Soft Water Advantage
A resin-based exchange system that uses sodium is still the most effective way to remove hardness (calcium & magnesium) from your water supply. They can also remove moderate amounts of ferrous iron and colloidal manganese.
Is this system & method right for you?
There are a few things you need to consider before selecting this method of removal.
Sizing: Family size, home size, service flow rate, and chemistry are all important factors in sizing your new home system.
What is the intended maximum flow rate in your home? Why is this important... a single cubic foot of birm media has a maximum flow rate of 5gpm (gallons per minute). So a 1cuft system is a 5gpm system, 1.5cuft = 7.5gpm, 2.0cuft = 10gpm
Don't know your flow rate... Fixture counts and the number of people is a practical way when you have the endless water supply, well-pumping systems often are the limiting factor so a bucket test using a hose from your manifold, yard hydrant, bathtub or tank tee will work great.
Features and Benefits
- Large Easy to Read Backlit Display
- Battery Back-Up for Power Outages
- Super Salt Efficiency
- Metered System
- High Flow Valve Design
- Simple Programming
- Low Maintenance
- Free Shipping
What's in the Box
- One Fully Assembled System*
- Fleck 5800-SXT Advanced Metered Control Valve
- Matching By-Pass Valve
- Your Choice of 1" or 3/4" Piping Connectors
- Pentair Structural Poly Glass Mineral Tank - Black
- High Efficiency 8% Crosslinked Cation Resin
- Riser Rod with Upper and Lower Baskets
- Full Sized Printed Manual
- 5 years on the complete control valve
- 10 years on the structural mineral tank
- Warrantied for manufactures defects
- 1.0 cuft Capacity, 9" Diameter by 48" Tall Mineral Tank
- 1.5 cuft Capacity, 10" Diameter by 54" Tall Mineral Tank
- 2.0 cuft Capacity, 12" Diameter by 52" Tall Mineral Tank